Twelve creative organisations in York have come together to develop an artist incubation programme for emerging artists that are based in the local region and create live performance work. This project will support 6 emerging artists or companies to develop both their artistic practise and their business knowledge. This will be done by creating a bespoke package of support, that will continue for a year.
SLAP (Supporting Live Art & Performance) are currently inviting individual artists and companies living in the YO postcode area to apply to be a part of the programme. Each successful artist or company will receive a year of tailored package of support which includes:
- A year of producing support from SLAP
- 6 training sessions covering a wide range of areas that are essential to being a working artist
- £1000 bursary
- Production budget
- Tailored photoshoot to create high quality marketing images
- Creative commission
- Two weeks residency space – at one of our partner venues
- Opportunities to deliver workshops
- Use of a City Centre office space
- Performance Date – at one of our partner venues
- Documentation of your live performance
To learn more and apply visit – https://slapyork.co.uk/artist-incubation
Deadline – Monday 3rd January, 5pm
This project has been made possible with the support of the following organisations: Arts Council England, Accessible Arts & Media, Explore Libraries and Archives Mutual Limited, Guild of Media Arts, Kaizen Arts CIC, Make It York, Mediale, York Museums Trust, York Music Venue Network, York St John University, York Theatre Royal and Yorkshire Dance.