Make It York business team
Business support is moving
The Make It York business team moved to the City of York Council’s Economic Growth team on 1 September 2021, to strengthen the delivery of business support, economic development and inward investment activity across York.
This will expand and bolster the Council’s existing economic development resource and ensure a stronger and more efficient delivery of crucial business-facing functions to help guide and support York’s economic prosperity, both now and into the future.
To remain up to date with the latest information and business support offers available, please subscribe to City of York Council’s Business Bulletin.
Meet the Team
Economy and Enterprise Manager
Through the key account management process I gather business intelligence, develop relationships and support the city’s biggest and fastest growing companies. York boasts several strong vibrant sectors and we work to support them wherever possible with networking, development, promotion, innovation and collaboration. I work across the rail and other key sectors with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Talking to us about your ambitions can help you:
- raise your company profile within the city;
- access free public sector support where possible;
- find new premises in the city;
- explore collaboration opportunities with other sectors and companies.
Senior Inward Investment Executive
Find out more about York and how your business will benefit from locating and investing here. I can help you access practical support to make a smooth transition to the city, such as:
- initial fact finding;
- identification of commercial premises, development sites and serviced office space;
- connections to talent, networks and supply chain;
- introductions to relevant sector communities and support;
- profile raising and launch support.
Business Growth Manager
Business Growth Manager
We help businesses to navigate the maze of business support provision and provide intensive, free support to growing SMEs that trade on a business-to-business basis across the city of York. In our role we:
- act as a confidant, critical friend, consultant and connector to businesses;
- draw on in-depth knowledge and connections across all sectors of the local and regional professional community;
- help businesses to navigateing the maze of funding and grants whilst developing long-term relationships and remaining as the ongoing point of contact.
Examples of help include: accessing grants, funding or training; exploring new markets and exporting; harnessing broadband and digital; business and product innovation; finding resource efficiencies; launching new products or services; looking for business finance; marketing advice or business planning.
In partnership with Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), the Growth Managers work with SMEs to identify business needs and to deliver a programme of business support. The role is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and part-funded by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).