Looking for the very latest information on what’s happening in York? For details of events, gigs, festivals, shows and much more visit www.visityork.org/whatson and sign-up for the weekly 7 Days in York newsletter.
Make It York is passionate about providing a varied programme of events and festivals in the city.
We deliver four city wide events, York Residents’ Festival, York Easter Family Festival, illuminating York and St Nicholas Christmas Festival and if you would like to get involved in any of these events we would love to hear from you.
Your application to trade at the St Nicholas Christmas Market can be found here.
The full range of festivals across the city is:
- York Residents’ Festival – January
- JORVIK Viking Festival – February
- York Literature Festival – March
- York Easter Family Festival – March/April
- York Open Studios – April
- Fashion City York – April
- Racing Festivals – May – October
- York Mystery Plays – May/June
- Eboracum Roman Festival – June
- York Festival of Ideas – June
- The Great Yorkshire Fringe – July
- Early Music Festival – July/December
- JORVIK Group’s Medieval Summer – August
- York Food and Drink Festival – September
- illuminating York – October
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival – November
- St Nicholas Christmas Festival – November/December