Looking for the very latest information on what’s happening in York? For details of events, gigs, festivals, shows and much more visit www.visityork.org/whatson and sign-up for the weekly 7 Days in York newsletter.
Make It York is passionate about providing a varied programme of events and festivals in the city.
We deliver various city wide events, including York Residents’ Festival, York Easter Family Festival, The Great York Ghost Search and the St Nicholas Fair. New for 2018 is Bloom! a celebration of York’s rich horticultural heritage. If you would like to get involved in any of these events we would love to hear from you.
Your application to trade at the St Nicholas Fair can be found here.
Highlights from the city’s festival programme:
- York Residents’ Festival – January
- JORVIK Viking Festival – February
- York Literature Festival – March
- York Easter Family Festival – March/April
- York Open Studios – April
- Fashion City York – April
- Racing Festivals – May – October
- York Mystery Plays – May/June
- Eboracum Roman Festival – June
- York Festival of Ideas – June
- The Great Yorkshire Fringe – July
- Bloom! – July
- Early Music Festival – July/December
- JORVIK Group’s Medieval Summer – August
- York Food and Drink Festival – September
- York Balloon Fiesta – September
- York Mediale – October
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival – November
- York Christmas Festival including the St Nicholas Fair – November/December